Re: Change log #1

On Tuesday 03 December 2002 11:33, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
> This is the change log on Reagle Comments (other comments in editing at
> the moment)

Returning to this email after prodding from Mike. I'm not sure what these
numbers correspond to (not issues?). Mike, which one did you want me to
respond to?

> [P40]  No change
>
> The proposed alternative wording is ambiguous and weakens the
> requirement from MUST NOT to MAY, MUST NOT unless is perfectly good
> grammar.

Not sure what this is in response to...?

> [P86] No change, existing text is sufficient
> There is an inline definition: a signing oracle, that is sign a messages
> whose content is guessable by an attacker.

Some typos in there.

> [P123] No Change
>
> The .test domain is specifically defined for the purpose of use in
> examples, can add in a citation to the RFC if we must
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt
> <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt>

I think we should use the .example TLD then:

      ".test" is recommended for use in testing of current or new DNS
      related code.

      ".example" is recommended for use in documentation or as examples.

or for consistencies sake with xmldsig and xenc, we could use "example.com"