RE: transaction specific policies

The answer is: i'm not sure.  and in any case, the spec should be more clear
about managing policy bindings.

let me give a brief bit of history to clarify the issue.  traditionally, the
use of a key is limited through policies in order to manage liability
associated with a key.  what's emerging as a refinement of this concept is a
model where liability can be associated with specific transactions rather
than specific keys.  so that one key may be used within many different
policy/liability contexts.

as an aside, one of the benefits of this approach is that transaction
specific risks can be accomodated for in  a customized liability model,
rather than one which applies to predefined set of uses for a key.  For
example, one use may involve a payment system in which there is credit risk
as well as identity risk.  a liability model can be established that
contemplates both credit and identity risks.  another use may be for access
control, where there is no liability since there is small potential damage.

so.  I haven't spent much time contemplating what part of the spec needs
changing.  first, i want to solicit whether or not this requirement has
already been considered.  sounds like it hasn't.

i can give it more thought to the spec before making suggestions.. though
any thoughts would be helpful.

-dan