Re: New Draft

I've now put Phill's latest version [1] up on the web site. Can
I ask that folks who are going to send comments prior to the
f2f do so based on this version and that, if possible, you send
your comments by the middle of next week. No need to resend
anything already sent of course.

I'll try to make sure we have a page summarizing the main comments
for the f2f.

Regards,
Stephen.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/XKMS/Drafts/XKMS/

> "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" wrote:
>
> All,
>
>     Please find attached a ZIP of the revised spec together with a new schema.
>
>     You will find that the request/response and message processing section is very much more
> comprehensive than previously. In particular the handling of pending requests is much improved and
> there is a new 2 phase protocol for preventing request replay attacks. These mechanisms are all
> designed to allow embedding at the SOAP layer at a future date.
>
>     The issue of QNames is somewhat fuzzy, I suggest that we have a concall to discuss the issue.
> In particular how extensible is the QNames mechanism? In appears to me that if we enumerate the
> QName types we end up in the same situation as if we had used string since the QName enumeration
> is not extensible.
>
>     I have as a pro-tem measure specified the QName type and an enumeration that could serve if we
> wanted strong typing. We can choose which to use at the F2F.
>
>     The main outstanding issue is the matter of handling the hash of the request. It seems to me
> that some sort of attribute on the response signature is appropriate.
>
>     The examples are starting to show their age, we could do to generate some new ones from the
> new schema.
>
>     I have removed more of the Word formatting and I am working on an XSL script to generate the
> TOC.
>
>     Irving and Steve will note that even more of Xbulk has been sucked into XKMS in this iteration
>
>         Phill
>

>                         Name: XKMS-200204xx.zip
>    XKMS-200204xx.zip    Type: Zip Compressed Data (application/x-zip-compressed)
>                     Encoding: base64

Stephen Farrell
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com