RE: Correlation/Protection (Was: Re: XKMS)

The same thought (digest of the request) had occurred to me simultaneously,
only I was typing up the note. The nice feature of that approach is that it
makes it much harder for a pinhead to code the interface in the wrong way so
that there is an implicit dependence on the authenticity of the request.

I think that the scope of the digest would be the body of the SOAP message.
i would like to see the idea raised at some point to the level of a general
SOAP security mechanism since the problem is pretty general.

	Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist
VeriSign Inc.