From: Hallam-Baker, Phillip [mailto:pbaker@verisign.com]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2001 12:55 PM
To: Blair Dillaway; stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie; Ford, Warwick
Cc: www-xkms-ws@w3.org
Subject: RE: Proposed Activity Proposal, Charter

I don't think that we are 'not open' to new requirements at any time, we
just want to complete 1.2 before making major changes to the spec to
support them.

If there are no significant new requirements then we just do 1.2 and
close. Otherwise we produce an extended requirements document and add
milestones to the charter for delivery of an x.y where (x>1 /\ y > 2).

I suspect that the extended requirements will be of the form 'give us a
comprehensive security architecture for Web Services'.

		Phill

Phillip Hallam-Baker FBCS C.Eng.
Principal Scientist
VeriSign Inc.