Re: Proposed Activity Proposal, Charter

Warwick,

I agree with the timing you suggest for xkms and xbulk, but I think
the requirements document is getting weird - hard to see how it can
really be requirements for xkms when that document's already done
before draft one of the requirements document issues.

Maybe it'd be ok to change the timing as you suggest if we also change
the deliverable to "A W3C Note documenting the criteria and requirements
used in the design of XKMS" or somesuch so that its clear that its just
a historical note and isn't intended to open up chances to add new
functionality?

Stephen.

"Ford, Warwick" wrote:

> Can we make a change to the "Duration and Schedule" section to better
> reflect the strong concensus as to priorities evident at the Workshop?
>
> The agreed plan was to proceed at highest priority with a revised draft for
> XKMS that corrected known bugs, removed ambiguities, and incorporated some
> minor improvements.  The writing of a requirements document is NOT to be
> considered part of the path to accomplishing that.  The idea of the
> requirements document is to document, for editorial purposes, the
> requirements that XKMS addresses and identify requirements that XKMS can
> satisfy.
>
> To avoid confusion on the part of newcomers on this point (and to reflect
> the Workshop concensus), I propose we set the last call date for the XKMS
> protocol spec at November 2001, and that for the requirements document at
> January 2002.  I also suggest putting X-Bulk at January 2002 (again
> reflecting the Workshop concensus).  If the requirements document and X-Bulk
> are completed earlier, that is fine, but it is important to make it clear
> that progression of the XKMS spec proper is not contingent on either.
>
> Warwick

Stephen Farrell
Baltimore Technologies,   tel: (direct line) +353 1 881 6716
39 Parkgate Street,                     fax: +353 1 881 7000
Dublin 8.                mailto:stephen.farrell@baltimore.ie
Ireland                             http://www.baltimore.com