Re: Where to report errata in published specs?

Hello Rick,

The editors' names in the spec are links with email addresses.
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl

I suggest you write to one or more of them. I am not sure whether
W3C's WSDL 2.0 specification has the same error; if it does, please
find the address for comments in the status section of that document.

Thank you for the heads-up,

 _ Ian

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 07:21 +0000, Rick Bullotta wrote:
> Hello!
>

> After much hair pulling attempting to get a certain WSDL test scenario
> to work, I realized that there is a substantial error in the WSDL 1.1
> specification/technical report.
>

> In numerous cases in the document, the service-to-port binding:
>

>             <service name="StockQuoteService">
>
>                         <documentation>My first
> service</documentation>
>
>                         <port name="StockQuotePort"
> binding="tns:StockQuoteBinding">
>
>                                     <soap:address
> location="http://example.com/stockquote"/>
>
>                         </port>
>
>             </service>
>

> …should actually be….
>

>             <service name="StockQuoteService">
>
>                         <documentation>My first
> service</documentation>
>
>                         <port name="StockQuotePort"
> binding="tns:StockQuoteSoapBinding">
>
>                                     <soap:address
> location="http://example.com/stockquote"/>
>
>                         </port>
>
>             </service>
>

> Note the change from “StockQuoteBinding” to “StockQuoteSoapBinding”.
>

> To whom should this be reported?
>

> Best regards,
>

> Rick Bullotta
>
> SAP Labs, LLC

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447