RE: W3C standard for (stateful) SOAP conversations?

Hi Johan,

BEA Systems has authored the SOAP-Conversation specification [1] which
is RF and implemented in Weblogic 8 and 9.  We are updating to the
latest versions of WS-Addressing and refactoring into WS-Conversation
and WS-Callback, an early version at [2].

This is a lightweight protocol that just does a conversation id with
optional and composable conversation callback.

It isn't a member submission, but certainly could easily be.  We are
certainly friendly to the W3C Patent Policy terms in this area.

Let me know if I can be of further help.

Cheers,
Dave

[1] http://dev2dev.bea.com/pub/a/2002/06/SOAPConversation.html
[2] http://dev2dev.bea.com/webservices/WS-CallBack-0_9.html