From: Benton, Geoff [mailto:geoff.benton@hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 12:24 PM
To: www-ws@w3.org
Subject: Web Service Standards/certification

Hi there,

Is there anywhere that people can go to "certify" their web services
software?

What I mean is this...I am looking at a (great) product called
openadaptor as a way to link different data sources together.
openadaptor is able to read from files, databases, JMS queues....and web
services!  (It can read from loads of other types of sources as well :-)

But, saying that it can read "web services"...does that mean that I
could hook it up to any web service and it would work?

Now, before you all reply saying "it depends how they have written it."
- that's my point. Does it depend on how it's written? If I can connect
and read from one vendor's web service, can I connect and read from
another's?

So...my question is, are there any ways to "certify" some web services
software to say whether it conforms to any standard? or is it just "suck
it and see"?

Any thought?

Geoff