Re: [owl-s] Re: My version of my proposal

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 03:31  PM, Massimo Paolucci wrote:

> I wonder whether a simpler solution may be the following. The value of
> input/output parameters should not be a class anyway, but an instance
> of a give type.

So it is in my proposal. How could it be otherwise? What we're trying
to express is what that type is.

> So we can say that the range of parameter value is owl:Thing.
>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="Parameter">
> </owl:Class>
>
> <owl:DatatypeProperty rdf:ID="parameterName">
> <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#Parameter"/>
> <rdfs:range rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
> </owl:DatatypeProperty>
>
> <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="parameterValue">
> <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#ParameterValueSpec"/>
> <rdfs:range rdf:resource="&owl;#Thing"/>
> </owl:ObjectProperty>
>
> <!-- definition of Input -->
>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="Input">
> <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#Parameter"/>
>
> <!-- here I would like to say that I have an input that takes only
> Airports as value -->
> <!-- to do that I define a new class of inputs that take airports as
> value -->
>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="AirportInput">
> <rdfs:label>AirportInput</rdfs:label>
> <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#Input"/>
> <owl:Restriction>
> <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="parameterType"/>
> <owl:allValuesFrom rdf:resource="#Airport"/>
> </owl:Restriction>
> </owl:Class>
>
> <AirportInput rdf:ID="DepartureAirport_right">
> <parameterValue rdf:resource="#Logan"/>
> </AirportInput>
>
> <AirportInput rdf:ID="DepartureAirport_wrong">
> <parameterValue rdf:resource="#BostonArbor"/>
> </AirportInput>

I'm lost and in a rush, but I *think* you just made Inputs classes
again, with particular bindings to that inputs being the instances.
This seems to go against the current tact of making parameters of a
process an instance.

> <!-- Where of course Logan and BostonArbor are defined as follows -->
> <Airport rdf:ID="Logan"/>
> <Arbor rdf:ID="BostonArbor"/>
>
> <!-- while Airport and Arobor are defined as follows -->
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="Airport">
> <rdfs:label>Airport</rdfs:label>
> </owl:Class>
>
> <owl:Class rdf:ID="Arbor">
> <rdfs:label>Arbor</rdfs:label>
> </owl:Class>

Argh, if I don't leave right now, I won't make it before dark. And my
email is limited from home.

Sending anyway :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.