Re: Semantic Web Services: Interest Group creation discussions

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:31:29PM -0500, Mark Baker wrote:
> I'd much prefer an ordinary Web Services Interest Group, simply because
> I think the scope of work for a SWS-IG would be far too small to
> generate much in the way of interest (always a useful thing for an IG
> 8-).
>
> Certainly the combination of Semantic Web and Web services technologies
> could be one of the work items for the WS-IG.

Hi Mark,

If a WS-IG is created with a subgroup dedicated to "Semantic Web meets
Web Services", what other subgroups would you like to see? (and in which
ones would you be interested?)

The "semantic" aspects of WS are already in-scope in the www-ws mailing
list and this list seems much more used for that kind of topics than
other (more general) WS discussions.
However, it seems to me that some of the topics developped in www-ws-arch
(also public) could be brought to a WS-IG and benefit from that IG structure.
Comments?

--
Carine Bournez -+- W3C Sophia-Antipolis