Re: question about OWL-S and XML Schema version

Dear all,

I have looked at the schema at
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes.xsd and all it does is take
data types from the http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema namespace and put
them in the http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes namespace. So the
correct namespace would still be http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.
It makes no sense for a reasoning engine to retrieve a schema for
XMLSchema. The schema should be expressed in another schema language and
we can keep on going.
The reasoning engine should have built-in support for XMLSchema. This is
what is assumed when the http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema is used. A
reasoning engine for daml is also assumed to have the knowledge to cope
with daml. It cannot depend on the retrieval of a schema for daml.

Best,

Jos de Bruijn

--
Jos de Bruijn