Re: DAML-S ProfileHierarchy example

Vera -

Vera Zaychik wrote:

> I am somewhat confused about one of the examples. It seems to me that
> the DAML-S ProfileHierarchy ontology is not valid DAML. In particular,
> it uses 'daml:toValue' property, which does not exist. Was this supposed
> to be 'hasValue' instead?

Thank you (belatedly) for pointing this out.  Yes, hasValue is correct, and
I've just changed it on the Web site.

> Also, it uses daml:domain and daml:range for
> some reason instead of rdfs:domain and rdfs:range.

Either way is OK - because the DAML+OIL spec:

http://www.daml.org/2001/03/daml+oil

uses samePropertyAs to declare equivalence of daml:domain with rdfs:domain,
and similarly for range.

Regards,
David Martin