Re: WSDL-1.1 fault

Joshua,

There are quite a few errors, inaccuracies, and ambiguities in the SOAP 1.1
and WSDL 1.1 specifications. But W3C has no jurisdiction over these
specifications. These specs were developed copyrighted, and published by
their respective authors (IBM, Microsoft, Lotus, Developmentor, and
Userland). They submitted them to W3C, and W3C agreed to publish them as
W3C Notes for discussion purposes. See the status section of the
specifications for the status of these documents. It clearly indicates that
a W3C Note is not a work of W3C, and it is published for information and
discussion.

The WS-I Organization (http://www.ws-i.org) has made an effort to clarify
the errors, inaccuracies and ambiguities in the SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1
specifications. People developing Web services using SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1
should follow the guidelines specified in the WS-I Basic Profile.

Meanwhile, W3C is developing formal standard specifications for Web
services, including SOAP 1.2 and WSDL 2.0. SOAP 1.2  has reached the status
of W3C Recommendation (a final standard). See
http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-part0/). WSDL 2.0 is still in the Working Draft
stage. (see http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20/).

Regards,
Anne