Re: [Fwd: Time in DAML-S: another two possible additions to the Congo use case]

Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestions. Since the range of minDeliveryDuration and
maxDeliveryDuration is Interval, intervals with specific durations need
to be created first. For example, for FedEx2-3dayDuration we need to
define Interval2Days and Interval3Days first as follows:

<owl:Class rdf:ID="Interval2Days">
    <!-- intervals with a duration of 2 days -->
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="&time;#Interval"/>
    <owl:subClassOf>
      <owl:Restriction>
        <owl:onProperty
		rdf:resource="&time;#durationDescriptionDataType" />
        <owl:hasValue rdf:datatype="&xsd;duration">P2D</owl:hasValue>
      </owl:Restriction>
    </owl:subClassOf>
</owl:Class>

<owl:Class rdf:ID="Interval3Days">
    <!-- intervals with a duration of 3 days -->
    <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="&time;#Interval"/>
    <owl:subClassOf>
      <owl:Restriction>
        <owl:onProperty
		rdf:resource="&time;#durationDescriptionDataType" />
        <owl:hasValue rdf:datatype="&xsd;duration">P3D</owl:hasValue>
      </owl:Restriction>
    </owl:subClassOf>
</owl:Class>

Then, FedEx2-3dayDuration restricts the value of minDeliveryDuration and
maxDeliveryDuration to Interval2Days and Interval3Days respectively as
follows:

<owl:Class rdf:ID="FedEx2-3dayDuration">
  <rdfs:subClassOf rdf:resource="#DeliveryDuration"/>
  <rdfs:subClassOf>
    <owl:Restriction>
      <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#minDeliveryDuration"/>
      <owl:allValuesFrom rdf:resource="#Interval2Days"/>
    </owl:Restriction>
  </rdfs:subClassOf>
  <rdfs:subClassOf>
    <owl:Restriction>
      <owl:onProperty rdf:resource="#maxDeliveryDuration"/>
      <owl:allValuesFrom rdf:resource="#Interval3Days"/>
    </owl:Restriction>
  </rdfs:subClassOf>
</owl:Class>

Please let me know if you have further comments on this.

Thanks,

Feng