From: Monika Solanki [mailto:monika@dmu.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 10:19 AM
To: Paul Buhler; www-ws
Subject: Re: The Unordered control construct in DAML-S 0.7

Thanks for your Reply.

As mentioned by you:

The important thing to note is that in each of the possible execution
orders, the sequence a;b and c;d are preserved.

As mentioned in the documnetation,

(Unordered a b) could result in the execution of a followed by b, or b
followed by a.

Which means that (Unordered X, Y) could result in the exceution of X,
followed by Y or Y followed by X.

Hence we have two sets of execution ordering, ( I think)

{(a;b), (c;d)} or {(c;d), (a;b)}

Since the individual processes have been defined to be executed in
sequence, I believe that their respective orders will be retained.

However as mentioned further in the documentation, these processes could
be executed in any order and certain sets of execution have been
defined. Therefore, I have a feeling that the orders a;b & c;d are not
necessary to be preserved. This is the cause of my confusion.

I would apprecitae any further clarifications in this regards.

Thanks

Monika

Paul Buhler wrote:

Hi Monika,

IMO, the DAML-S specification needs to be corrected to account for the
inconsistencies that you have pointed out. I suggest the following
fixes...

The line that currently reads "Z=(Unordered A B)" should read
"Z=(Unordered X Y)"

Likewise the duplicate entry (a;c;d;b) should be removed from the list.
The important thing to note is that in each of the possible execution
orders, the sequence a;b and c;d are preserved.

Regards,

Paul Buhler