Re: Some syntax bugs in DAML-S ontologies

Peishen --

Thanks very much for reporting these bugs.  See comments below.

Peishen Qi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am recently trying to translate DAML-S (version 0.6)
> ontologies to WEB-PDDL, an under-developing  logic
> language which serves as the internal reprensentation language
> for OntoMerge [1].
>
> I thought I found some bugs in those ontologies and examples
> listed on DAML-S(0.6) page [2].
>
> 1. In Process.daml, line 837 and 838: "Value" is not defined in this
> ontology. I think it should be "TestValue";

The above has been corrected on the Web site.

> 2. In CongoProcess.daml, line 58: "congo;" missed an "&";

The above has been corrected, but in CongoProfile.daml, not
CongoProcess.daml.

> 3. In BravoAir-Process.daml, all the occurrence of "rdfs:about"
> should be "rdf:about".

The above has been corrected on the Web site.

> Two kinds of resource reference were also used in these DAML
> files. First is using "rdf:resource=" or "rdf:about=" to refer to some
> resource in another ontology, but actually it is not defined there.
> An example is "&country;#UnitedState" on line 84 of CongoProfile.daml.
> Second is using QName to refer to some property in another ontology
> which is also undefined. For example, "service:describedBy" on line
> 38 of Congo-Service.daml. I wonder whethter both cases are correct
> or not.

If the references aren't defined, then of course that in itself is one kind
of error.  However, I believe that both the examples mentioned above are
legal DAML +OIL constructs syntactically.  However, there may be a problem
that the value of service:describedBy doesn't match the range declared for
that property.  I'll look into this.

Thanks again,
David Martin