RE: Web Services Tutorial

There are two levels you should look at: concepts and infrastructure.
1. Infrastructure: get the Apache Tomcat server at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/ <http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/>  and
the Apache Axis iplementation http://xml.apache.org/axis/
<http://xml.apache.org/axis/>  for SOAP and Web Services, read the various
instructions, developers guides, etc. This will actually get you up and
running very quickly for simple Web Services if you use the JWS (Java Web
Services) deployment model.

2. Concepts: there are several resources that are free on the Web. A good
Google search will come up with a whole bunch. Everybody's got their
favourites, but I like IBM's developersWork site for Web Services at
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/
<http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/>  . They have plenty of
articles and tutorials, and they're very well organised.

<plug
url="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672321815/104-5632320-3705551">
You can also get the book I co-authored with some other Web Services and XML
experts. It's published by SAMS, and the title is: Building Web Services
with Java. It has full coverage of concepts, and lots of hands-on Java
examples and working code that you can download from the book's website.
</plug>

Hope this helps.

  --  Toufic

Toufic I. Boubez, Ph.D.