From: www-ws-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ws-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Charlie Abela
Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2002 11:10 AM
To: www-ws@w3.org
Subject: Re-:Agents components as services

  I am working on the following idea and would like some feedback from the
group.

  The idea is to create DAML ontologies to handle the composition of
software components. I am thinking of having an ontology that describes
rules for the integration process and one that describes the composition of
java processes. In this latter I am considering describing java classes and
methods. In an instance of this ontology then, would be defined a particular
process, which when interpreted would result in something of this sort:

              ClassA  x = new ClassA();

              output = x.Method1(input);

              ClassB y = new ClassB(output);

  Etc…etc….

  This in my opinion will give the programmer flexibility in integrating new
software to an application, such as a software agent. One possible use would
be for example when an agent needs to communicate with other agents but it
does not have this ability because it can communicate with only one ACL. By
integrating new software this ability could be obtained.

  Does this idea make sense…. is it feasible? Or maybe there is some flaw in
the argument I am bringing?

  Any feedback or idea of previous/current work in this area is greatly
appreciated.

  Regards,

  Charlie