From: Andrew Layman [mailto:andrewl@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 12:29 PM
To: Mark Baker
Cc: www-ws@w3.org
Subject: RE: potential users of web services

I believe that the services you cite fit my definition of Web service
quoted below.  I could perhaps be more concise:

A Web service is a computational service, accessible via messages of
definite, language-neutral and platform-neutral format, and which has no
special presumption that the results of the computation are used
primarily for display on a user-agent.

Hope this works for you.