Re: SOAP bindings with "Asynchronous" protocols

FYI-

   KnowNow uses HTTP as a asynchronous transport.  Our event router uses
async publish/subscribe semantics and speaks HTTP (natively, not as a
bolt-on feature).  We recently wrote an RPC services-oriented layer on
top of the pub/sub layer which can be both synchronous or async (using a
callback).  It doesn't do SOAP encodings, though SOAP support is a
natural next step which we're working on.  The lightweight service works
in Java and JavaScript (yes, you can implement your server side in a
browser if you are so inclined):

	http://cvs.developer.knownow.com/index.cgi/Libraries/Java/JavaService/
	http://cvs.developer.knownow.com/index.cgi/Libraries/JavaScript/JSService/

   The JavaScript version doesn't support writing synchronous clients,
because JavaScript doesn't let you block on the reply.  Here's the
sample client code in Java:

	http://cvs.developer.knownow.com/index.cgi/Libraries/Java/JavaService/sampleClient.
java?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

	-wsv