RE: open transport protocol for aysnc web services?

Nick,

	I agree with your thought on the lack of multi-cast. Hence my assumption
that inside an enterprise, normal apps wouldn't need to do more than 10-25
subscribers and that too not frequently. My impression with Tibco was that
they use UDP broadcast, which itself is an issue with the security folks.

	So multi-cast is an issue to be solved, and again, following your thoughts,
we need standards on all layers incl the wire protocol.

	Re the demo, I also plan to write the JXTA/Sockets using C# (if a BEEP
implementation is available on C#, the better) and see if we can
(seamlessly) talk between a set of C#, Java peers, proving the
interoperability.

cheers