From: Satish Thatte [mailto:satisht@microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 8:02 PM
To: mark.potts@talkingblocks.com; Adam Bosworth; www-ws@w3.org
Cc: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen; Johannes Klein
Subject: RE: Web Services and transactions

I am not a transactions expert but I asked some local experts and the
opinion was that although 2PC is a classic agreement protocol that could
be used for long running transactions (LRTs), the realities of
implementation tradeoffs based on current 2PC practice with databases
make 2PC too constraining for LRTs, and a more relaxed peer-to-peer
protocol might be desirable.