RE: Operation dispatch when there isn't a SOAP body.

While deploying a set of services over HTTP and subsequently describing them
with WSDL will naturally produce some way of correlating operations and
messages, one has to take some care when working WSDL-first not to make it
impossible or difficult to correlate operations and messages.  The operation
dispatch section of the primer reminds authors of this.

With this issue I'm simply noting that when reading this section, and then
trying to write services that bind to an HTTP GET, one will find the advice
incomplete, as the methods described therein simply aren't applicable unless
there is a SOAP body.  If there were some advice I could have followed,
maybe I wouldn't have created the unusable testcases that I did.

Whether you find the Primer to be helpful in this regard is somewhat
orthogonal to whether you find the Primer to be adequately complete - my
proposal simply intends to increase the completeness of the primer in this
area.  Perhaps you'd be happier simply adding "binding to HTTP GET or other
transports that have no SOAP or XML payload" to the bullet list of things
that make dispatch difficult.

Secondly, I had not realized before that interface-less bindings are
incompatible out of the box with REST-style services (e.g. HTTP or SOAP
using GET).  While it might be to late to do anything about it, it is at
least an inadequacy in our interface-less binding support interesting enough
to bring to the attention of the WG.

Jonathan Marsh -  <http://www.wso2.com> http://www.wso2.com -
<http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com> http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com

  _____