Re: SAWSDL Last Call

Hi Ramkumar,

regarding the capturing of user-defined MEP semantics using SAWSDL,
I'd say that it would be more in the spirit of the SemWeb to describe
the semantics somewhere at the MEP IRI, not in SAWSDL. In other words,
the IRI should point to something that will (re)direct the requestor (in
some fashion) to a description of the MEP. SAWSDL is about annotating
WSDL instances, not about describing WSDL or its extensions (like the
user-defined MEPs or e.g. new bindings).

The WSDL WG might be interested in creating an ontology for modeling
MEPs and putting MEP descriptions at the MEP IRIs (plus some
WebArch-friendly magic). The WSDL RDF mapping ontology actually does
contain a primitive model of MEPs: it only says that an MEP follows
specific faulting rules, and what message labels it defines. There's no
ordering among message labels in the model, but it can be added.
Actually, that would be trivial, if we restrict ourselves to something
like "labelA precedes labelB". Then there's the optionality of messages,
also fairly trivial. I can take a stab at this, maybe.

I'll talk to some colleagues about whether this could be useful for
semantic web services tooling.

I think we don't quite need to state that the MEP IRI may dereference to
a description of the MEP, but such a note wouldn't do any harm, either.

What do you think?

Jacek