From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org on behalf of Arthur Ryman
Sent: Thu 12-Oct-06 4:55
To: Ramkumar Menon
Cc: www-ws-desc@w3.org; www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Subject: Re: Editorial >> WSDL 2.0 definitions v/s WSDL 2.0 descriptions

Ram,

Agreed, in 2.1.2 we are refering to documents so they should be called "descriptions".

Jonathan, let's accept this as editorial. OK?

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Ramkumar Menon" <ramkumar.menon@gmail.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

10/11/2006 02:03 PM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
www-ws-desc@w3.org, www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Subject
Re: Editorial >> WSDL 2.0 definitions v/s WSDL 2.0 descriptions

Hi Arthur,

Thanks a lot for the explanation. You are absolutely right.
This actually renders the comment against the snippet in section 4.2.1 invalid.

Correct me if I am wrong. I assume that the edition is pretty minor then - Just the snippet in section 2.1.2 [as I quoted earlier] cd be edited to refer to "descriptions" rather than definitions. [since it makes the statement that wsdl 2.0 definitions are represented as "description" element information items.].

Regards!
Ram

Editorial >> WSDL 2.0 definitions v/s WSDL 2.0 descriptions

Hi,

I suggest a minor editorial change to the Part 1 [Core Language] regarding the usage of  the terms "WSDL 2.0 definitions" and "WSDL 2.0 descriptions".
Quoting snippet from Section 2.1.2  [WSDL 2.0 definitions are represented in XML by one or more WSDL 2.0 Information Sets (Infosets), that is one or more description element information items]
Quoting snippet from Section 4.2.1 [ Its actual value indicates that the containing WSDL 2.0 document MAY contain qualified references to WSDL 2.0 definitions in that namespace ]
These could be changed to WSDL 2.0 "descriptions" from "definitions" - ensures consistent terminology.

HTH,
rgds,
Ram

--