RE: Review of WS-A WSDL Binding

Jonathan,

I'll implement #3.

I think we could make some editorial improvements re #2. I'm glad the
intension of the spec is to allow reference to <description> elements, but
if I as an editor forgot that, then maybe the text is unclear.  Normally,
when the term "document" is used, it means a complete XML document rooted
at the "document element".  I looked at the spec and I can't see where we
define WSDL 2.0 document to be a description element. I suggest we revise
the spec so that wherever we allow an IRI to a WSDL 2.0 document we change
it as follows:

"The IRI is the location of a WSDL 2.0 document or a <description> element
information items within an XML document."

Perhaps put this text in chapter 7 [1] and refer to it from elsewhere in
the spec.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-wsdl20-20060106/#wsdllocation

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
02/28/2006 06:07 AM

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Review of WS-A WSDL Binding

Thanks for the review!  The WG discussed these as indicated below: