RE: Validation results

>It may report others since in some cases an assertion doesn't make sense
unless other assertions are satisfied.

In this case, where multiple assertions are violated, I think the test
case should list all of the violated assertions. If this is the case the
test should not show green unless the implementation reports all the
assertion violations and only the assertion violations listed in the test
case.

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@ca.ibm.com

Arthur Ryman/Toronto/IBM
12/04/2006 06:13 PM

"Jonathan Marsh" <jonathan@wso2.com>
cc
Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA, "'www-ws-desc'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>,
www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
Subject
RE: Validation results

Jonathan,

I agree that if the processor reports the expected assertion that it gets
a green. It may report others since in some cases an assertion doesn't
make sense unless other assertions are satisfied.

Ideally, a processor should limit the number of assertion violations
reported to eliminate ones that are consequences of errors.

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

"Jonathan Marsh" <jonathan@wso2.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
12/04/2006 05:21 PM

Lawrence Mandel/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"'www-ws-desc'" <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Validation results

Yes, so far it?s by design.  Validation is considered successful if, among
the identified assertions that have been violated is the one associated
with the test case.  It?s not considered unsuccessful if it identifies
additional assertions that have been violated ? or multiple instances of
violating a single assertion.

However, I put that in place without much thought.  It would not be hard
to flag those results that weren?t one-to-one matches with the identified
assertion.  Whatever makes most sense to Woden at this point?

Arthur, what do you think?

Jonathan Marsh - http://www.wso2.com -
http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com