	From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org on behalf of Jonathan Marsh
	Sent: Fri 15-Jul-05 0:31
	To: David Orchard; www-ws-desc@w3.org
	Subject: RE: soap:header extensibility with mU primer example

	I think my position is better stated as “a client never needs to put a mustUnderstand on a header block that is described in WSDL and therefore we don’t need built-in support for this in WSDL”.  If other specs specify the setting of mustUnderstand, that is fine though it seems redundant in the presence of a WSDL.

	It also bothers me that setting mustUnderstand is supposed to be a client decision, yet we’re overriding that responsibility by giving the server the ultimate word.  I don’t have a compelling example of harm that could be caused, but neither to do you seem to have a compelling example or simple guidance for when this facility might be needed.

	If we decide to keep mU, I don’t think adding your example to the Primer will actually be terribly helpful, so my second choice (behind remoing mU) would be the status quo.

  _____