	From: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org on behalf of Arthur Ryman
	Sent: Sun 07-Aug-05 4:59
	To: Jonathan Marsh
	Cc: tlais; www-ws-desc@w3.org; www-ws-desc-request@w3.org
	Subject: RE: question-WSDL

	Jonathan,

	FYI, there are test tools that interpret WSDL dynamically. Also, some scripting technologies read WSDL are runtime to create a client proxy.

	Arthur Ryman,
	Rational Desktop Tools Development

	phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
	assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
	fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
	mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca
	intranet: http://labweb.torolab.ibm.com/DRY6/

"Jonathan Marsh" <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Sent by: www-ws-desc-request@w3.org

08/05/2005 05:58 PM

"tlais" <mazentlais@yahoo.fr>, <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
cc
Subject
RE: question-WSDL

	The WSDL document describes the travel reservation service, from its
	point of view (that is, an 'in-out' MEP is 'in' to the service, followed
	by 'out' from the service).

	A service developer may obtain or create a WSDL and then use it to
	generate a stub of the service, but it is also common that the service
	is developed first, and then WSDL generated describing that service.
	There is no tight run-time linkage between WSDL and the service.  The
	WSDL could even be provided by a third party, without the knowledge of
	the service.

	Probably the most important use of WSDL though will be for generating
	code for clients that wish to connect to the service.

	Hope this helps.
	- Jonathan