Re: Another try at HTTP binding

Hi Hugo,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 06:02:41PM +0100, Hugo Haas wrote:
> We could default the method to get if the operation bound is safe, and
> uses the URI style.

I'd recommend against this.  In theory it's good, but in practice
there's also HEAD and OPTIONS which are both safe.  Plus there's also
the possibility that future HTTP extensions might try to improve upon
GET by building a more generic version such as M-GET from RFC 2774, or
even optimizations such as URIQA's MGET (which I don't think is a
worthwhile optimization, but perhaps something else in the future might
be).

Mark.