Re: Minority objection to requiring unique GEDs or required feature to distinguish operations

Amy, I disagree.

There's a difference between communicating the selector information out
of band and, at worst, dispatching randomly.

Because I believe it is important to the client to know which operation
is in effect, I also believe the web service should give the client a
way to control the dispatch, for example by explaining the out-of-band
channel you assumed below.

If somebody comes up with a feature that does dispatch randomly, they
will not satisfy the spirit of the spec because I believe that to be
"the service must give the client a way to make sure it agrees with the
service on which operation is in effect".

I don't have the spec here at the moment, but if it doesn't say that (in
some way), it should be fixed, or else this restriction (mandatory
disclosure of the dispatch mechanism) really doesn't make sense.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Ph.D. student researcher
                   Digital Enterprise Research Institute, Innsbruck
                   http://www.deri.org/