Re: Minority objection to requiring unique GEDs or required feature to distinguish operations

Hi David,

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 05:27:49PM -0400, David Booth wrote:
> If the operation name mapping requirement is ALWAYS applicable, then it is
> certainly testable.  However, there are cases when the operation name is
> irrelevant to the service (for example, when some other mechanism is used
> to indicate what action should happen).

I'm confused.  There's always an operation, no?  Sometimes what's in the
message isn't the "name" per se, but there's always some token in the
message envelope that can be mapped to some spec which describes the
operation's semantics.  Or are you referring to the latter with your
mention of "other mechanism" there?

Just trying to understand.

Mark.