RE: [Rev 1] Agenda: 12-14 May 2003 WS Description WG FTF

This is not *exactly* WSA business, but [wearing my XMLP member hat] I took
at action item on today's XMLP telcon to follow up on David Fallside's
inquiry
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2003May/0008.html
and ask your collective help on a bit of a public relations issue that XMLP
has: since most people use SOAP via a tool that understands WSDL, the
imminent release of SOAP 1.2 might seem a bit "underwhelming" to some until
there is a version of WSDL that supports it (and tools that support both).
The soapbuilders folks have put out
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soapbuilders/files/soap12WSDL.htm that
addresses this issue, and XMLP would like your expert advice on whether this
is something that would be a good idea to reference.

I beg WSA's indulgence if this is not exactly an architectural issue, but it
is important to the collective W3C Web services "story" in my humble
opinion.  Could we have a few minutes of the joint session next week to
discuss this?