Re: targetResource wording

Savas Parastatidis wrote:

>>At 10:48 PM 6/20/2003 +0100, Savas Parastatidis wrote:
>>

>>>So, I guess it's a matter of preference. The @targetResource
>>>

>introduces
>

>>>identity to a web service . . . .
>>>

>>Careful.  The targetResource doesn't identify the *service*, it
>>

>identifies
>

>>some *other* resource that the service "manipulates".  We don't have
>>

>an
>

>>accepted term for that "other resource".  In the WS Architecture WG
>>

>we've
>

>>been calling it a "turtle". :)
>>

>I understand that targetResource does not identify the service but the
>combination of interface + targetResource does. Or doesn't it?
>
>All of the printer services were supporting the same interface but they
>had a different targetResource, hence making those services
>distinguishable from each other. Perhaps, you don't call it "identity"
>but when everything else is the same, it seems to me that the "turtle"
>:-) becomes an "id".

Not quite. The service element is essentially the ID for the service and
targetResource is the identifier for the resource that it manipulates.
The printerService and the printerManagementService are not the same
services. They work on the same resource.

--umit

--
Umit Yalcinalp
Consulting Member of Technical Staff