Re: targetResource wording

Hello Arthur,

>In the case that two services implement the same interface AND have the same target >resource, then they are alternatives. The client can pick the service that offers the most >appropriate binding or endpoint.

I can see this practical implication, thanks.
But a single service description with multiple ports can provide the same choice for a client, can't it ? Every port within a service is an alternative way to access a single interface in WSDL 1.2, which  allows to select both the best endpoint and the best binding.

It's just many mails on the subject refer to a case  where two services implementing *different* interfaces (print and printManager, for example) refer to the same target (printer) resource. And I can't figure out how this knowledge can help a developer (or toolkit) make it easier to manage and print (something that could be done without a @targetResource) ?

Or may be the printManager service implements both printer and printManager interfaces through inheritance ? If so, then it may explain why @targetResource can let a client to choose a printManager service only, and both manage and print.

Or may @targetResource will be used when there're a lot of printManager services, and all of them are managing a unique printer resource. In this case, a client, before asking a printer service to print at a printer 'A', will quickly discover a printManager managing 'A' and set 'A' appropriately ? This scenario seems to explain to me why @targetResource is there, am I wrong here ?

Cheers !
Sergey Beryozkin