Re: Can someone recap the differences between @serviceGroup vs. definitions-targetNamespace ?

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 02:35  PM, Jon Dart wrote:

> Jonathan Marsh wrote:
>> Instead of
>> introducing the "resource" entity, we can introduce an entity
>> representing the "group".  The relationship between endpoint(s) and
>> the
>> group is that of "member of", instead of the fuzzier "manipulates".
>
> I think this is a helpful change. IMO "group" and "member of" are
> actually fuzzier terms, in that there could be various kinds of and
> rationales for grouping (of which "manipulate a common resource" might
> be one).

That's exactly why they aren't fuzzy :) They just say that "this a
group; these are its members", no more, no less. "Manipulate a common
resource" seems to say something substantive, but we don't want it to,
hence "the manipulation is undefined, and the resource can be anything,
including a set of naturally disjoint things", etc.

I agree, of course, that this is a helpful change :)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.