RE: where are we?

(1) There is a lot of interest in removing message along the lines that
Roberto has proposed.  However, there is concern that this might make
the bindings more complicated, or at least eliminate shortcuts a binding
could take (HTTP GET binding parts as parameters, for instance).  We're
working up some detailed examples.  My impression is that if nothing
nasty turns up the proposal has a good chance of being accepted.

(2) We have a full game plan on MEPs now - we adopted changes into the
syntax and component model, and decided which MEPs we would provide and
document (7).  My belief is that this issue is pretty much settled,
modulo a lot of new text that needs to be created and reviewed.

(3) Basically, zero progress at FTF.