RE: operation name uniqueness draft available

[inline]

Multiple bindings is perfectly legal.

> Question 2: Can I declare a service that declares ports for
> different subsets of the service's portTypes?
>
> <service name="foo" implements "ptA ptB ptC">
>   <port name="ptAport" binding="bindingA" > ... </>
>   <port name="ptBport" binding="bindingB" > ... </>
>   <port name="ptCport" binding="bindingC" > ... </>
> </service>
>
> or am I forced to have a single port that describes the
> soap/http endpoint to the entire set of operations on the service?

You can do what you have above ( although I would note that the status
quo does not have an implements attribute, look at the mapping section
2.10.3 to see how the port types property gets populated. )

Gudge

> sgg
>
> ++++++++
> Steve Graham
> sggraham@us.ibm.com
> (919)254-0615 (T/L 444)
> Emerging Technologies
> ++++++++
>

>                       "Martin Gudgin"
>

>                       <mgudgin@microsof        To:
> <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
>
>                       t.com>                   cc:
>

>                       Sent by:                 Subject:
> operation name uniqueness draft available
>
>                       www-ws-desc-reque
>

>                       st@w3.org
>

>                       01/22/2003 03:09
>

>                       PM

> An initial draft that deals with the operation name
> uniqueness issue we identified this week in AZ is at[1]
>
> Draft contains diff markup so it should be easy to spot the changes.
>
> Best practice note is not in the draft yet.
>
> Gudge
>
> [1]
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12
.xml?rev=1.37.2.1