Re: R120 URI-references, input for editors

Arthur,

RDF has a way to describe indirectly something that has no name. I
believe that's (partly?) what anonymous nodes are for. The question is
not whether a message part is to be referencable, it is whether the part
is to be referencable directly.

We have to define an RDF representation of WSDL. To do this, we'll
define WSDL-specific properties which will for example tie a part to a
message. This poses no need that the part have a URI.

Same for XS anonymous types - you yourself are saying you want to refer
to the type *of an element*. Why not do it as it is said? "Refer to
_something_ that is the type of a given element" is much more
semantically correct than referring to _something_ and hiding the rest
of the sentence in the URI. Basically, URI designators are a parallel
universe of catching the semantics.

As for conceptual elements - I can see how that could be understood as
those "things" in WSDL that are visible to the user of that WSDL. That
is, the top-level constructs identified by a QName. Same in XS - an
anonymous type is only indirectly visible (as being a property of some
element) so it should be indirectly referenced.

Obviously, I'd like to get more people in this debate, I'm CCing this
message directly to David Booth.

Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   Senior Architect, Systinet Corporation