Re: write-up of interaction patterns

This is all absolutely correct.  It wouldn't use the proposed event syntax at all.

My original point was that the event syntax does not seem to describe any messaging system I know of.  If one wanted to provide an event mechanism with subscription, monitoring, administration, unsubscription, that runs over, for instance, email, one needs more than the proposed syntax, including termination rules.  If one wants an equally (or more) powerful event mechanism over multicast, JMS, or any other system designed to the purpose, then one wants *less* than the proposed event pattern.  My struggle was to understand under what circumstances the proposed event pattern would actually work, containing as it does explicit initiation, but no explicit termination syntax or semantics.