Re: Action 2003-01-21 for Umit

Martin Gudgin wrote:

>Umit,
>
>I have struggled greatly with your assertion that whatever replaces
>message must be able to map into the part concept
>
>More comments inline.
>
>Gudge

Gudge,

Before starting to debate the rest, lets agree on the common assumptions
first.

In the January f2f, the idea explored was that when a single schema
replaces the message construct, the concept of parts was going to be
moved from the abstract to the concrete binding. For some of us, having
*multiple* parts is necessary in the binding. So the exercise was to
come up with schema examples and explore how they will exhibit
themselves in the binding!

Given this assumption, the idea is to explore how the parts are going to
reappear in the binding as they would be dissappearing from the
abstract. So a "mapping" is necessary.

My task was to present complex schema examples. You guys were going to
show the mapping in the binding. Am I missing something?

... rest deleted ...

--umit

--
Umit Yalcinalp
Consulting Member of Technical Staff            400 Oracle Parkway