	From: FABLET Youenn [mailto:youenn.fablet@crf.canon.fr]
	Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 12:38 AM
	To: Sanjiva Weerawarana
	Cc: Roberto Chinnici; www-ws-desc@w3.org; Jean-Jacques Moreau
	Subject: Re: On removing messages

	Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:

		"FABLET Youenn" youenn.fablet@crf.canon.fr writes:

			IMHO, we are searching for a construct quite
similar to the xsd:element
			but a little bit more constrained (fewer
properties, no xml-schema
			children in it) and with a sligthly different
semantic.
			Would it better to add another construct for the
purpose of clarity,
			readability and accuracy, the tradeoff being a
(small ?) increase of the
			complexity ? I am not sure of the answer...
			Thoughts ?

		;-) <wsdl:message> ;-)

		I am a bit surprised that the proposal I made for how to
eliminate
		message is not interesting to more people.

	At the F2F, there was a quick presentation of your proposal but
since you were not there and given the fact that it was (?) not in synch
with the mep thing at that time, it was difficult to discuss deeply your
proposal...

		Basically what I proposed
		allows one to use a single XSD element or type for the
80% case and
		IF ONE WISHES to document more than one input or output
element or type,
		then they can indicate it. That's a nice way to cleanly
support the
		attachment stuff, for example (such as additional XML
documents or
		GIF images people may want to send along with their SOAP
envelope).

		It seems like a middle-ground that allows the people
happy with just
		modeling the world with schema to do so, but allows
others to life
		happily too.

		Sanjiva.