Re: On removing messages

Hello,
Risking to miss entirely the context of this thread, I still would like to
give my support (0.0...01 cent :-)) to <wsdl:message>.
IMHO, these are major disadvantages of removing the construct :
1. The WSDL 1.2 learning curve is steep, and it'll become even steeper. The
developers will be forced to start to learn basic XML Schema constructs
first. <wsdl:message> provides an easy way to start creating simple WSDL
docs without worrying what <types> section is, especially with multiple
parts being present.
2. It's natural, at least for myself, to see how messages are grouped into
operations. I'm looking at <wsdl:message> and see what parts are there, and
if I want, I can go further and see how those parts are structured. Without
the construct, I'll have to dive into the schema straight away.
3. <wsdl:message> is convenient for holding multiple parts. It seems not
right to define artificial containers at the XML Schema level so that
multiple parts can be passed as part an input/output message. These new
containers are not part of the system vocabulary, and as such, it'll be not
possible in many cases just to take some schema and refer to it while
building the service description. The service description authors will be
forced to either modify an existing schema or to create a new schema (and
introducing new namespaces in many cases) in <types> or elsewhere so that
<message>-like containers could be created.

Cheers
Sergey Beryozkin
Zandar Technogies, Dublin, Ireland