Re: Proposal: abstract faults

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:37:32 +0000
paul.downey@bt.com wrote:

> TBH I'd prefer to avoid QNames if at all possible. I thought as there
> was only one interface in a WSDL 2.0, an NCName was sufficient.

Huh?  Interface inheritance means that, in WSDL 2.0, you could have
lots&lots (that's more than "many", I think) of interfaces in a single
document.  And lots&lots&lots more once you start importing and
including.

> *but* for orthogonality the fault name should be of the same type as
> operation name in the <binding>. Looking at the <binding>, i notice
> the operation name is linked to the interface using a QName.
>
> Does that mean that a binding can refer to an operation in another
> WSDL ?

In an imported or included WSDL, you mean?  Yes.  Note that import
requires a different namespace than the definitions/@targetNamespace of
the current WSDL.

Architect, TIBCO/Extensibility, Inc.