Part 1 Clarifications

Dear editors,

One of my colleagues pointed out to me a few hard-to-catch typos and a few places in the part 1 spec [1] that need some clarifications. Listed below for your consideration:

1. Does binding operation's qname have the same behavior as the interface operation qname?
In section 2.7.1, it states that "interface operation components are local to interface components, they cannot be referred to by QName, despite having both {name} and {target namespace} properties". The corresponding binding operation section 2.11.1 is silent about whether a binding operation's qname is referenceable. This should be clarified.

2. in section 2.11.3, the table maps {target namespace} of a binding operation to "the actual value of the targetNamespace attribute information item of the [parent] definitions element information item of the [parent] *interface* element information item.". Here the word "interface" should be "binding"

3.Section 3 allows xs:schema and xs:import to occur in the wsdl:types section.  It also states that <type> may have zero or more element information items amongst its [children] as follows; (the ; should be changed to :)

 - An optional documentation element information item (see 5. Documentation) in its [children] property.
- Zero or more element information items from among the following, in any order:
         - xs:import element information items
         - xs:schema element information items
         - Other namespace qualified element information items whose namespace is NOT http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/wsdl

In case of XSD is used, I believe the intention here is to say that a xml schema definition should be either imported or embedded inside a <xs:schema> EII. But the purpose and the semantics of the "third option" (the extension points within <type>) are not defined and may cause confusion.  Though I believe the intention of this extension point is to allow other schema languages to be used, but it may be interpreted to allow additional XML Schema EIIs, such as simple and complex types outside <schema> but inside <type>.  Should be clarified.

4. in section 3, it states that "a type AII may not be used to refer to an xs:element EII" and "an element AII may not be used to refer to an xs:simpleType or xs:complexType EII"? Shouldn't the "may not" in both cases really be "MUST NOT"?

5. The term "(WSDL) processor" is used several times throughout the document but is nowhere defined. It may implicitly be clear but should called out at least once what it means to "process" a WSDL document.

Best Regards,
Kevin
[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl12/wsdl12.html