 From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]
 Sent: Sun 4/13/2003 05:28
 To: www-ws-desc@w3.org
 Subject: Re: WS-Addressing and R085

 On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 01:02:26PM -0400, Arthur Ryman wrote:
 > The WS-Addressing spec has recently been published [1]. It describes how
 > to send Web service endpoint references in messages and is therefore very
 > relevant to R085. Pls review and comment. Thx.

 Well, I think you said it there when you said that WS-Addressing deals with
 endpoint references.  R085 appears to require that WSDL be able to describe
 messages with URIs anywhere in the message, pointing to anything (e.g.
 perhaps those involved in a hypermedia interaction), not just endpoint
 references in a particular portion of the message (e.g. headers).

 I think R085 requires a much more general solution than WS-Addressing
 provides.

 And FWIW, I don't think WS-Addressing is a solution to any known
 problem.  It assumes "protocol independance" is a feature, rather than
 a bug.

 MB