RE: Port type extension proposal

OK, I've just written up what I think the TF agreed. We need to think
carefully about what we want going forward.

> - The service must indicate its "type": with portType inheritance
>   in place we (IBM) would prefer to have the service just indicate
>   the interfaces it supports:
>     <service implements="pt1 .. ptn"> ... </service>

Are you saying that you don't want port type B to inherit from port type
A but rather that a service would just say that it implements port type
A and port type B?

> - The semantics of inheritance needs to be defined more. What are
>   the rules for two operations of the same (local) name from two
>   inherited portTypes?

Currently the rule is as defined by:

'For each port type operation component in the {operations} property of
a port type component the {name} property must be unique.'

Which means it would be an error if port type B derived from port type A
and both port types had an operation called 'Foo'

> I guess the Java (and I assume C# too?) rule
>   of ignoring the namespace (package for Java) and just merging
>   the local names will work. If there's a conflict then since we now
>   don't allow operation overloading, we must require all inherited
>   operations of the same name to have the same "signature." Similarly
>   if the new portType defines an operation of a same ncname as one
>   from an inherited portType, then it must have the same signature
>   or its illegal.

I think I prefer the current formulation.

Gudge