Re: Issue 17: support for SOAP role attribute

Yes, I was only pointing out from a SOAP perspective. If WSDL doesn't
declare how it uses/doesn't use
xml:base, then requiring (or strong recommendation) that any URIs be
absolute is fine IMO.

Cheers,

Chris

                      "Jean-Jacques
                      Moreau"                  To:       Christopher B Ferris/Waltham/IBM@IBMUS
                      <moreau@crf.canon        cc:       Web Service Description <www-ws-desc@w3.org>
                      .fr>                     Subject:  Re: Issue 17: support for SOAP role attribute
                      Sent by:
                      www-ws-desc-reque
                      st@w3.org

                      06/27/2002 10:07
                      AM

Hi Chris, nice seeing you again! (I see you have your new name badge.)

I have been thinking about xml:base as well; IMO, whether a particular SOAP
message has a relative role, made absolute by
xml:base, or an absolute role, is implementation/SOAP specific. As far as
WSDL is concerned, it should not matter, the role
should be absolute; up to the SOAP sender to then decide to use xml:base or
not.

Does this make sense?

Jean-Jacques.

Christopher B Ferris wrote:

> Hmmm... SOAP allows use of xml:base[1] AII for purposes of establishing a
> base URI for any relative URI's carried in information items in, or
subordinate
> to, the SOAP envelope. It isn't clear to me how WSDL would capture this,
so that the base URI were applied to a SOAP
> envelope EII being created. In any event, URI values of any information
items that were ostensibly relative could be

<jmarsh@microsoft.com>, Web Service Description