Re: WSDL Version 1.2 Part 2: Bindings, date 2002/4/11

Carl Binding wrote:

> I'm having a question regd. Section 2.5: soap:body. In the explanation of
> operation style "rpc" a reference to "section 7.1 of the SOAP
> specification" is made.
> I wonder which SOAP specs is being referred.ie. which version and which
> part.

Jeff pointed out that WSDL 1.1 references SOAP 1.1.

> Section 7.1 of SOAP 1.2 part 2: Adjuncts contains a behavioural description
> for SOAP nodes during Single-Request-Response which I believe not really
> relevant here..

I hope you don't mean Single-Request-Response is not relevant for SOAP 1.2? ;-)

BTW, you are looking at a rather old SOAP 1.2 draft.

> Incidentally I note the difference between the draft of WSDL 1.2 and WSDL
> 1.1 regd applicability of soap:body (Section 3.5 in WSDL 1.1): in WSDL 1.1
> the soap:body element specifies how the message parts appear inside the
> SOAP Body element, whereas in WSDL 1.2 (Draft) there is talk about the
> Fault element.

Hm... which part are you talking about for WSDL 1.2? Is this part 2, bindings?
If so, I don't understand, since the text has not changed (yet), apart from
minor corrections and ednotes.

> Any clarifications on the real meaning of attribute "style" in the
> "soap:operation" element would be appreciated.

This possibly sounds like a new issue.

> Many thanks,

You're welcome.

Jean-Jacques.